Thursday, January 05, 2012

New Year 2012


Wish List - Neon Trees



In 2012

May you feel complete and fulfilled

May you be true to yourself without fear
May you have more smiles than frowns
May you be accepted for who and what you are without judgement
May you be happy with what you have and want for nothing
May karma take revenge so you don't have to

And above all make love not war.

Kissing couple in the streets of the 2011 Vancouver Riot by photographer Richard Lam

That was my facebook status for New Years. Like most of my writing, I was very proud of how it came out. My thoughts in black and white, it is a very rewarding feeling for me. But then the strangest thing happened - someone stole it. They copied it and used it as their own status albeit without the picture. On one hand it is very flattering on the other hand it felt like I was violated. I've been robbed I tell ya! 

I guess it a paradox that I will have to come to accept to a certain degree. I freely and willingly put myself out there, be it with the website, blog, or anything else I write. It leaves me open and yes even vulnerable. I am the person who has spent the better part of a lifetime hiding behind a wall, inviting only those I deemed worthy to have a peak from my vantage point. But I don't know if you are worthy? So, as I struggle with my social phobia, I open myself up and lay all my cards on the table and let you...eek...judge me. On the positive side, if you read and still see the beauty within, I am glad to have you here with me. 

Another interesting thing came from the accessibility of the private and personal moments of my life displayed for the world to see. In this tech saavy society in which we live, I was googled before a "meet and greet" date. By the time we sat for coffee, he knew everything about me but my shoe size! It was initially a little un-nerving knowing that he had such an insurmountable upper hand, but it turned out okay because I didn't have to talk about me and we had a lot of topics we could discuss. Not only that, but after reading all about me..he still liked me enough to meet. I didn't scare him away! A good thing :) 

So as I continue to work through these strange situations that I have created for myself I celebrate. 1000 views to my website since it's inception in 6 months. I am elated. I realize it isn't the million hits in a day that some videos on YouTube that create a sensation, but I am elated. I can only hope that you have enjoyed your time on my site. You are welcome to come back anytime! 

If you do find something that you would like to borrow...could I at least have the credit. Thanks!
1000 views at www.pinkpantherfan.ca on December 26, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment